Saturday, April 28, 2012

NOW is the Spring of my new contentedness. 
NOW is all any of us have and after years of waiting for what good things might come tomorrow, next week or in a year, and deeply grieving losses of the heart and other parts of the past, I have awakened to this Spring and opened myself to being here now.

It hasn't been quite so spontaneous as it might sound.  I have been reading quite specific writings on my own for the last few years and participating in several groups over the last 8 months or so.  I have been on a seeker's quest to recapture my faith or even to redirect my understandings of it.  I will never have the complete picture - in this life - but the sun and stars are shining brighter, the darkness is less encompassing, the searing pain of grief has been soothed.  The smiles of granddaughters and nephews are as sunbeams to my heart, their rays deeply permeating my consciousness. The voices of family and friends new and old are the music that calms other discordant noise. 

There is much seeking ahead while being conscious in each moment.  There are places to go,  things to do, and always people to see, to love and to be loved by - it is all then and also NOW.

No comments: