Sunday, December 22, 2013

Prayer for Grieving at Christmas


For All Who Worry, Mourn, or Feel Lost at Christmas
Dedicated especially to the Giving Our Grief a Voice group
Delaware women who have lost loved ones to homicide


 


Silent Morn, Holy Morn
Sometimes I wonder
Why I was born.
I wake in the darkness and
can't see the light.
All I want is the end of the night.
Take this grief from me, Lord
Please take this grief from me, Lord.

 
Silent Noon, Holy Noon
All songs I sing,
are out of tune.
I’ve been looking for right words to pray
Nothing I’ve found yet, has shown me the way.
Help me find my voice, Lord
Please, help me find my voice.

 
Silent Day, Holy Day,
All's not calm, on my way.
In my life,
so much does not seem,
to be close to what I once dreamed.
Help me trust in Your Peace, Lord.
Please, help me trust in Your Peace.

 
Silent Night, Holy Night
Finally calm, finally bright
With Your love so vast and yet mild
Now I can rest as I’m also Your child
I found some peace in this night, Lord,
Heaven-sent Peace in this night.

 

Feel Free to share with attribution
© 2013 Christina Brennan Lee
 

This and other prayers by request and inspiration are posted
at People's Prayers  http://prayersofthepeople.blogspot.com 
Please visit often and feel free to share.













 
 
 
 

No comments: